Attractions are what make a destination desirable. The greater the number, the more probable a high rate of tourists is. Each of the top destinations in South Africa has its own distinct flavour conveyed through monuments, sites, natural wonders and formations that are considered national landmarks and known beyond the borders of this beautiful country. Here, we provide a summary of some of the places you can visit courtesy of Optima Holidays and all the last minute travel bargains available to all interested.
- Rickshaw Riding in Durban: This form of transport may be slow but it is the perfect way to get between relatively short distances along the Durban beachfront while getting an excellent view of the sun and surf on a warm afternoon.
- Panorama Route and the Highlands Meander: Just 25km away from the central Gauteng lay a stunning mecca for hikers, fly-fishers and nature lovers alike. Take a hot air balloon ride and awe at the landscape of this naturally beautiful region.
- Ceres Valley: Activities invoke the area’s natural surroundings and the Ceres Fruit Route is excellent for fruit-picking during ripe season.
- Century City Shopping Complex: Cape Town’s largest shopping mall provides visitors with a fantastic shopping experience that delights
- Garden Route: A 200km stretch along the eastern coastline bring you stunning views of undulating hills covered in lush green vegetation.
- Durban Beachfront: On the beach, you can get yourself involved in all the summer activities beaches inspire such as swimming, jet-skiing, windsurfing, scuba-diving and soaking in the sun. Nights in Durban are warm throughout the year so this is certainly an excellent choice of destination for all the club revellers.
- uShaka Marine World: Aquariums that give you a closer glimpse into marine life as well as an exhilarating water-park with the highest water-slide in the country are some of the delights that await you at this resort.
- Cape Town Harbour: A fantastic shopping complex overlooks the water from which yachts and commercial ships set sail. The wharf is great during the day and night.